Google Penguin, as most of you already know is a new Google algorithm, which has been employed in the last week of April. Most of webmasters are in panic in panic having no clue what to do with their falling rankings…Webmaster central has been buzzing for a long time from then as loads of people resent, like: “Google is turning into a REAL EVIL stealing traffic from us for no reason… ”
Haha, now look at the penguin above
But the question remains: What to do???
Well, Matt Cuts & co giving some vague solutions (pretty much as always):
- Avoid hidden text or hidden links.
- Do not use “cloaking” or sneaky redirects.
- Do not load pages with keywords that do not convey meaning, and used to cheat weight pages.
- Do not create multiple pages, subdomains, or domains with substantially duplicate content.
- Do not create pages with malicious behavior, such as “phishing” or the spread of viruses, Trojans, and other malicious software.
- Do not create a “doorway”.
- If your site participates in an affiliate program, make sure that your site adds value.
- Do not participate in link schemes designed to increase your site’s ranking or PageRank (bell that paid links appear more susceptible to repression).
- Do not send automated queries to Google.
- Bla bla blah….
Ok, thanks a lot for such a generous advice, but what’s in REALITY?
As for me, Google Penguin has affected mainly those sites that have been over-abusing targeted keywords as the anchor texts. Actually, SEOMoz even had a graph somewhere that shows how easy it is to detect an unnatural linking schemes. Here’s a message that all those “vicious spammers” (including myself) received in their Webmaster Central inbox:
“Google Webmaster Tools notice of unnatural links detected to….
Dear Site Owner or Webmaster of http://…………………..org/,
We’ve detected that some of your site’s pages may be using techniques that are outside Google’s Webmaster Guidelines.
Specifically, look for possibly artificial or unnatural links pointing to your site that could be intended to manipulate PageRank. Examples of unnatural linking could include buying links to pass PageRank or participating in link schemes.
We encourage you to make changes to your site, so that it meets our Quality Guidelines. Once you’ve made these changes, please submit your site for reconsideration in Google’s search results.
If you find unnatural links to your site that you are unable to control or remove, please provide the details in your reconsideration request.
If you have additional questions about how to resolve this issue, please see our Webmaster Help Forumfor support.
Google Search Quality Team
So what we gonna do now, how to promote sites these days then?
Here are few solutions that can help you to win in this hard search engine battle:
1. Create micro-niche web sites.
Do highly specialized site under a narrow niche and give visitors a clear answer to them for at least a clear request! Our favorite, “Do sites for people!” It’s all about the social buzz these days, people will love you – Google will reward you!
2. High quality private network of blogs using Hostgator SEO hosting
“Do sites for people!” Do loads of them not just one or few. Private network will always be a top-notch SEO weapon, with or without Penguin. It’s not against Google policies to host your websites on a different servers, and C class ip’s, right? Right!
3. Vary your anchor texts
As i already said, studies show that abused targeted keywords in the anchor text now is you MAIN vulnerability for Google to detect and the slap you. So diversify you anchor text as much as you can, you don’t have to do anything special here – just do it naturally. Forget about those targeted keywords, Google will find you for any keyword he thinks your website is highly relevant to.
4. Content curation
Don’t try to reinvent the wheel, writing your articles from scratch is quite a slave labour job if you are not completely keen on it. Content curation is your answer, Google loves it… tested, proven! Content curation is simple: you find HOT topics on the web and just discuss them, opposing or supporting author’s point of view etc. Adding useful links, videos, funny images will also help to create social buzz around your article.
5. Social Signals
Create facebook fanpage and connect it to your website, create forum page if appropriate. Make people talking about your website ans sharing your content with friends via social networking and by word of a mount, don’t underestimate it, your website can go viral in no time if you do it right.
6. Only whitehat SEO
Doesn’t matter what hat colour you have been wearing before, you’re a gentleman form now on! (if you want to get along with Google of course). Don’t worry, whitehat SEO is not as tedious and ineffective as it may sound.
Guest blogging is your answer, try www.myblogguest.com and you’ll be whipping the cat for not doing this earlier.
What Google needs Penguin-like algorithm updates in reality? (just a suggestion
1) The type of Post-Penguin environment is supposedly better users. Well, yes, partially agreed on that. But we all know the main goal is to make Google Adwords (paid advertisement) junkies out of us … Can you imagine what kind of income does the contextual advertising bring them?
- Cool wordpress plugins (1)
- Google I/O (44)
Google I/O videos
- Hi Tech (1)
Hi Tech stuff like smartphones, gadgets, Operating Systems, Softwares
- Kindle technology (1)
- Penguin & Panda (3)
- PPC & PPV (7)
Pay Per Click and Pay Per View
- Questions and Answers (36)
Questions and Answers about SEO/SEM
- Recent SEM/SEO HOT Tips and Tricks (15)
I'm an addic, SEO/SEM junkie. I regularly use to surf the web to keep myself up to date with all the latest stuff. Follow me and discover most recent SEM/SEO HOT tips and tricks.
- Search Engines (21)
Search Engine behavior today, Search Engine evolving vector & trend for the nearest future.
- SEM General (13)
Anything SEM/SEO related
- Social Media & Networking (2)
- Useful SEO videos (99)
SEO techniques, algorithm changes, Matt Cuts etc. Everything about SEO videos here!
- Web Content Development (3)
Tags2012 advertising article directory article marketing articles article submission blogging business email email marketing email newsletter engine engine optimization ezine for free free articles google home internet marketing marketing online online articles optimization or penguin printable articles publishing Search search engine search engine marketing search engine optimization search engines SEO seo company seo services social media submit articles The to traffic what writers writing your
- Lebanon SEO on Consider some of the techniques used in Search engine optimization ahead inside Yahoo and the search engines First web site?
- Cyber on Consider some of the techniques used in Search engine optimization ahead inside Yahoo and the search engines First web site?
- Sinie Jack Glimmer on Consider some of the techniques used in Search engine optimization ahead inside Yahoo and the search engines First web site?
- aju on Consider some of the techniques used in Search engine optimization ahead inside Yahoo and the search engines First web site?
- Bret on Consider some of the techniques used in Search engine optimization ahead inside Yahoo and the search engines First web site?